Saturday 13 September 2014

Voice to abstain cigarettes :)

Hi Everyone,

It's been long i have posted anything silly and i hope everyone is doing great...
There is something, something that has changed at 23 there is a change..change in me..I quit to smoke, i believe in god, i made the changes, changes which were long due...

It was 27th of August i had my last Fag with the thoughts bombarding that today would be my last.Puffing with couple of friends smoked an extra one in the name of quitting. This wasn't the first or the last time i tried to quit ,actually i never found it hard to quit because as eventually i had quit it so many times. This time i was serious, serious than ever before even more than i was on the new years eve when i did quit which did last for 10 days. A week that followed i didn't smoke for once, my hands would tremble my heart will cry to get those fingers between that stick of mild's but i would let my mind be on the drivers seat driving my heart and hands so far out of reach.I did booze a few times staying away from ciggies curse but how long could i resist, they(my friends) told me i cant but i was adamant that i would.Then one Saturday i smoked 6 sticks during a night and all that 10 day effort washed down the drain...I had lost ...lost the fight to abstain Cigarettes .

The guilt in the morning was more than the pleasure i felt the night before.It was September 6th, @6 in the morning @Bangla sahib as i  kneel down in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji there was a voice , voice from inside to consider myself to be the lucky one and to value the life that almighty has given. As i come out of the Gurudwara to take a round by the banks of the Sarovar there were thoughts bombarding yet again as i look at the people around how they have devoted their life to something substantial and i questioned myself are you in this universe to Fag or make it a better place to live and the answer was latter obviously . I was gutted and that was it... I QUIT ! The calm and the self realisation one can have @ a gurudwara , i doubt can be felt anywhere else.

-VS21

No comments:

Post a Comment